Monday, February 27, 2012

Quick Update

So, it's been a while, so I thought I'd update really quick on how things are going. Harrison (Elder Beck) has been SO GOOD at writing letters! Something tells me it will get harder now that he's in the field, though. I still haven't gotten a letter from Arizona, but I haven't sent one yet either. I finally got his address and will be mailing his letter (on GREEN paper!) today. I spent last Thursday with his mom making brownies to send him in a package. She was so sweet and told me she felt like I was family already. I can't wait to call them family for real! Harrison's last letter from the MTC was by far the best! He said he felt so lucky because all the other elders would pray for a letter and not get one, but he got one every week without even worrying about it. :D I sent him a Valentine's Day package, which he loved! When we first started liking each other, he joked about coming into McDonalds (where I work) and ordering a Makeout Takeout to embarrass me. So... I sent him Valentine's Day takeout boxes full of Hershey's Hugs and Kisses. Cute, right?! He really loved it.

Some days have been really hard. I went to a dance for the first time last weekend. I had a great time. Right before I left, a song came on that hit home, though. I wanted to cry, but I held myself together. I find it easier to be strong when I miss him and I'm not as sad any more. I'm more excited and supportive than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment